Immigration Info Australia
Australian Immigration and Visa Information
 Home Australia Canada United Kingdom New Zealand


 Work in Australia

 Study in Australia

 Universities in Australia

 Real Estate

 Australian Cities

 Map of Australia

 Living in Australia

  Work in Australia

Live and Work in Canada

Live and Work in the UK

Live and Work in New Zealand

Live and Work in the USA

Visa Australia

Need a Temporary or Permanent Visa to Australia? All the information you require to make a decision and advise and guidance.

More Info

Work Visa Australia

Want to live and work in Australia? Australia needs skilled workers! Over 200,000 jobs are advertised weekly, and the unemployment rate is the lowest in years. 102,500 Skilled Visas are to be granted by June 2008.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Work & Holiday in Australia

Australian Working Holiday visa provides opportunities for people between 18 and 30 years of age from some countries to work and holiday in Australia.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Visitor Visa (ETA) to Australia

Are you planning on travelling to Australia to visit family and friends? The Australian Government has now made it possible to arrange an ETA via the Internet. Issued Online.

Apply Now

Student Visa to Australia

Would you like to study in Australia? Each year over 150,000 international students from around 140 countries drawn to Australia to study, work and live in Australia. Find out if you are one of the lucky ones.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Business Visa Australia

Want to manage, purchase or set up a business in Australia? The Business Skills Visa class encourages successful business people to settle permanently in Australia and contribute to the Australian economy by developing new or existing businesses.

Free Eligibility Assessment

Real Estate in Australia

The wonderful thing about Australia is the vast amount of land at the disposal of its inhabitants. This means that land prices, even for prime real estate, compared to the rest of the world, remain relatively low. Many Australians as a result have large houses and big backyards, with perhaps the most common type of house - the two-storey brick suburban - found around the outskirts of the major cities. Architecture is wide and varied however, with many houses in the northern-east tropics, for example, standing on stilts and standing well off the ground in order to avoid the rains.

New York-style inner-city apartment living is becoming more popular in the big cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, particularly for younger people who enjoy lively urban city nightlife. Apartments are also ideal for professionals who need to live close to work.

Buying & Selling

People looking to buy a home in Australia should look at advertisements placed by real estate agencies in national newspapers, magazines or on the internet.

Houses can be bought and sold either through private sale between two interested parties at an agreed upon price (the most common method) or through auction, which is when the property in question is open for public inspection. All interested parties (or a representative) are required to be present at the sale in order to bid. The auction begins with a base bid amount and proceeds from there, with the successful purchaser winning through placing the highest bid.

In order to gain a home loan from a bank in Australia, purchasers must have a minimum deposit amount. This amount is usually 10% of the sale price, but can vary.


Most people who wish to rent property go through a real estate agent, which should have lists of available properties with monthly rental prices. It is also worth browsing real estate internet sites and daily newspapers for listings.

If going through a real estate agent, the application process is usually very thorough – you must supply such personal details as personal referees – i.e. persons who can vouch for your honesty and good character. If you are successful in your rental application, you will be required to pay at least one month’s rent up front, plus one month’s rent in ‘bond’, which is kept by the government-run Residential Tenancies Tribunal and returned at the end of the rental period (usually 1 year) if the property is kept in good condition by the occupant.

Rental prices vary, but as a general rule, inner-city housing is more expensive. If you do not mind travelling and wish to have a bigger house or just more space, then perhaps an outer-suburban property would suit. Renting houses in the country or rural towns is almost always very cheap; check local newspapers in the area you are looking to settle for further details.

Australian Visa Assessment


Copyright © 2004. All rights reserved - Usefull Links

Quick Links